Sunday, May 15, 2016

Coming Home

The sweet whispers of my heart
Wisp gently thru my thoughts
Stirring a memory
A longing
For my real self.

The calmness of my heart
Mirrors with clarity
A reflection in my eyes
A longing
For my real self.

The kindness of my heart
Gently caresses my skin
A soothing glow warms my flesh
A touching
Of my real self.

The wisdom of my heart
Sings a melody
Bringing music to my ears
A stirring
Of my real self.

The love of my heart
Embraces me
Tantalizing sweetness
A savoring of my real self.

What is this love?
Glowing brightly
Nestled in my chest.

May I quench my thirst in
The ocean of my heart.

May I settle my gaze
Upon its faceless presence.

May I listen to the stillness
Of its inner voice.

May I be enveloped
In its cloak of grace.

May I trust
Its rhythm.

May I plant my faith into
Its depths.

May I surrender to
Its ageless wisdom.

May I breathe in
Its boundless love ....


All rights reserved. John Fulan

No comments:

Post a Comment