Sunday, May 15, 2016

A Holy River

The sun pierces the veil of secrecy
Buried deep in the current of my waters.

Burning funeral pyres paint the air with an incense of
Whispering souls transported between the veil of
Here and hereafter.

Rainbows of saris drip with holiness
The skin of the faithful pilgrims caressed by the Holy Mother
Dwelling deep in my waters.
Sacredness haunts my river.

A morning glow illuminates a path upon my face
Piercing thru the morning mist
Your words echo....
Where am I? Who am I?

Surrender your memories, this life, this body
My river calls to you
Come and bathe in my waters
Flowing from the Himalayas.

Release your dreams
My river whispers to your soul
Step into eternity
Past and future
Reach beyond your grasp.


Emerge into your holiness
Strip away your layers of separation
Come home to me

Come home....

All rights reserved. John Fulan

No comments:

Post a Comment